You’ve probably heard of the medicinal properties of Witch Hazel but never really knew exactly what it was good for … other than a skin toner that may shrink pores. Well … turns out, Witch Hazel is good for a variety of things and we all should consider keeping a bottle of it around the house. Here are a few reasons to pick up a bottle soon.
1. Eases the painful itching associated with poison ivy and also helps reduce the sting of bug bites. Just dab a few drops to the affected area of skin with a cotton ball or the end of a cotton swab.
2. Get better relief from a sunburn by mixing a couple of drops with natural aloe vera and apply to skin. The anti-inflammatory properties will aid in the healing of the skin, as well as help with pain relief.
3. Got a baby in the house? Use a few drops to help with diaper rash.
4. Use an eye dropper to apply into the ear canal to help clear up swimmer’s ear.
5. Treat painful or swollen gums by using as a mouth wash on a regular basis (make sure you don’t use the type that contains isopropyl alcohol).
6. Gargle with witch hazel to help heal a soar throat.
7. Mix with aloe vera to ease the pain, swelling and itching of hemorrhoids.
8. Apply to minor cuts and scraps to aid in faster healing.
9. Treat discoloration and puffiness around the eye area by applying directly to the affected eye area. Make sure NOT to get it into your eyes!
10. Helps fade bruises and irritated acne blemishes. When applied to these affected areas, witch hazel helps fade any skin discoloration and speed up the healing process.