Pilates is a very popular workout that uses your own body weight in a series of floor-exercises to help build flexibility and core strength. If you haven’t tried it, you might find that it’s just what you need to get into the shape you’ve always wanted. And now, there are no more excuses not to try Pilates, since there are plenty of affordable routines to try right in your own home. Check out the following places to get your “downward dog” on!
- For beginner’s, try Mari Winsor Beginner’s Pilates and Stott Pilates Basic Pilates, (both are approximately $15 each)
- Want more of a challenge? Try Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners.
- Want an App instead of DVD? Try Pilates: Day by Day 15 Minute Workout
- Pilatesology.com offers hundreds of classes where you can chose your own level and stream the instructors directly to your personal computer or tablet
- Also, you may want to download ‘Perfect Pilates Body’ (iTunes) or the App called ‘Pilates Workout Exercises’ (Google Play)