Craving a sweet and savory fruit salad? Sprinkle your watermelon cubes with a pinch of Cayenne. Or add a bit of Sea Salt over your honeydew. Delicious! For more great recipes go to WomansDay.com/recipefinder
Dr. Oz recommends boosting your metabolism to help with weight loss by enjoying Spicy ChickPea “Popcorn.” It’s easy to make. Here’s the recipe!
- Using a rimmed baking sheet, take a 15-oz can of rinsed chickpeas and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes. Heat oven at 400 degrees and bake until crispy and golden brown, approximately 40-45 minutes.
Need a great healthy Veggie Dip recipe for all those delicious chopped up veggies in your fridge? Try this one. It’s delicious! Just combine the following ingredients together and ENJOY!
- 1/2 cup lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
Goes great with all veggies, especially cucumbers, radishes, carrots, AND potato chips.
Make Your Own Salad Dressing … it’s EASY! Use a screw-top jar, like a mason jar and add equal parts of oil and vinegar. Then add whatever flavors you have on hand like mustard, herbs, honey, garlic, crushed red pepper, etc. The trick to making it so delicious is to shake it up really good, tasting as you go, to get the flavor just the way you want it. Enjoy!
Quick Strawberry Jam
- Hull and chop 1 pound fresh ripe strawberries. Mash with a fork or pastry blender.
- Stir in 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, 2 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 Tbsp honey.
- Cover and put in fridge until set, which usually takes about an hour. Keep chilled. Should stay good in refridgerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 2 cups.
Delicious Mango-Lime BBQ Sauce for your Summer Grilling Pleasure! In a saucepan combine the following:
- 1 1/3 cups chopped mango
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup guave paste (found at Mexican or Latin markets or in the Mexican section of your grocery)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 15-20 minutes. Pour into a blender, cover, and blend until you get the desired consistency. Delicious!
Need a great recipe? Check out the following websites: