5 Types of Insurance You May Want to Consider Buying
- Car Rental Insurance - Get it only if … a) others will be driving the rental that aren’t covered on your personal auto plan … b) if you don’t have collision on your plan … c) if you have a very high deductible.
- Long-Term Insurance - Covers daily care that goes beyond any basic health benefit you have with your health insurance. It is a good idea to get a long-term plan while you are relatively younger, 40’s or 50’s, because the cost goes up based on your age.
- Identity Theft Insurance – Get it if you aren’t really good at keeping a close eye on your accounts. But read the fine print on an ID Theft plan. Most only cover the cost to recover from the identity theft, and not any monetary loss from the ID theft itself.
- Vacation Insurance – Get it if you have any medical issues or conditions, or if someone in your immediate family is really sick. You may also want to consider vacation insurance if losing the cost of the vacation would put you in financial straights. Make sure you purchase them from a licensed seller and that they are regulated by the state where they are sold.
- Personal Property Insurance - Covers the costs of expensive jewelry, musical instruments, and any expensive collectible items, such as fine art, etc.
If you’ve been looking for work and haven’t had much luck, check out these websites and see if they can help you find a way to earn an income.
- Taskrabbit.com - Great site for people who have no specialized skills but are game to try anything, such as errand running or misc tasks.
- PeoplePerHour.com, elance.com, freelancer.com, and guru.com – These sites are great for people who have great keyboard or organizational skills. You may find work if you’re someone who is fast detail-oriented and/or computer savvy.
- 99Designs.com, freelancer.com, fiverr.com, gigbucks.com – If you have Artistic talent, these sites may just be the ticket to your success. Many jobs on these sites are directed towards a photographer, designer (logos, graphics, short videos, T-shirts, etc.) People who are the creative type and can turn work out quickly.