Yogurt Popsicles are so yummy and so easy to make. All you need is one cup each of the following:
- Low-Fat vanilla yogurt
- Berries (your favorite berry)
- Fruit juice, like pineapple, orange, etc.
Puree these 3 ingredients in a blender, freeze, and enjoy! Only 94 calories & 1 gram of fat each!
Delicious Blackberry Frozen Yogurt in 4 easy steps!
- In a food processor, process 12 oz. blackberries.
- Strain the berries into a bowl, and discard the solids.
- Add in 1 container (33.5 oz) of 2% plain Greek yogurt and 1 cup of honey. Stir.
- Add to 2-qt electric ice-cream maker and freeze according to ice-cream maker directions.
Find lots of delicious blackberry recipes at SouthernLiving.com/blackberry
Want to impress your friends and family? Make your own Vanilla Extract! It’s easy and you can do it with only two ingredients … 3 vanilla beans & 3 cups bourbon or vodka … and in these 3 easy steps:
- Split vanilla beans and scrape seeds out into a 1/2 pt jar. Cut bean in half crosswise and place it in the jar, too. Repeat with the other 2 vanilla beans in separate jars.
- Heat bourbon in a large sauce pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Do not cook over 5 minutes! Pour heated bourbon into each jar and let mixture cool for 30 minutes.
- Tightly cover jars and leave alone in room temperature for at least 2 weeks before using (cooking speeds up the infusion, but you can eliminate this step if you let the mixture stand for an extra week). Shake each jar once per day. If desired, strain liquid through fine wire-mesh strainer and into clean bottles with tight lids. Through out solids.
Delicious Guilt-Free Guacamole that only takes 10 minutes to make! Here’s all you need:
- 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (optional)
Steam asparagus for 3-5 minutes, or until they’re tender and bright green. Let them cool, then cut into 1/2″ pieces and toss in blender with all of the other ingredients. Pulse blender until nice texture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy with baked tortilla chips! (only 77 calories per serving, 5 g fat, 7 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein). Recipe from Katie Lee.