- Best Anti-Aging Cream – Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair, SPF 30, 1 Ounce $20.99
- Best Anti-Aging Serum – Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action Reviva Concentrate $150
- Best Sunscreen for Face – La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid for Face $15.99
- Best Daytime Moisturizer – Dr.Jart+ Water Fuse Water-Sure Gel $38
Apply a daily dose of Antioxidants for younger looking skin. These 3 are GREAT!
- SERUM – Nuance Salma Hayek AM/PM Anti-Aging Super Serum Concentrate $30, cvs.com
- LOTION - Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer $13, at drugstores
- SPRAY – The Body Shop Vitamin C Energizing Face Spritz $18, thebodyshop.com
Smart Tip - To get the ultimate protection from damaging sun rays use a sunscreen containing antioxidants.
Here are a easy few tips from Dr. Oz on how to age gracefully:
- Take 10,000 steps per day – consider a one minute short walk every hour(get a pedometer to help you keep up with your step count)
- Eat an egg every day – provides significant protein which does a body good
- Take chromium (200 micrograms per day)- helps maintain proper blood sugar levels which can help protect against diabetes
- Check your pulse – if yours is higher than 60 beats per minute, consider adding omega-3 fatty acids to your diet
- Do self-massage- induces a drop of cortisol and adrenaline, two stress hormones, and promotes a surge in feel-good endorphins
Ways to stay mentally sharp as you age:
- Exercise - just 40 minutes 3 days/week can reverse age-related brain cell loss by 1-2 years.
- Learn to Juggle- people who juggle 30 minutes/day for 6 weeks grew new brain cells.
- Meditate for 20 minutes -this practice actually helps regulate emotions.
- Regular sex helps decrease anxiety.
- Stop using your GPS- older adults with good navigation skills decreased their risk of dementia.