The main ingredient to keeping yourself, your home AND your food clean may be sitting in your pantry right this minute. It’s true. Baking Soda is the simple solution to so many household issues. Here are a few reasons to pick up a box or two next time you go to the store.
- Mix Baking Soda and water to use as as fruit and vegetable scrub. Even if you buy organic, it’s always a good idea to wash fruits and vegetables before eating them.
- Mixing Baking Soda and water makes an extremely helpful paste apply directly to a mosquito or bug bite. The mixture helps to quickly relieve swelling and itching.
- Adding Baking Soda to shampoo helps wash away product buildup on your hair.
- Need a quick exfoliator? Guess what? Baking Soda can do that too. Keep a jar in the shower and use daily for that healthy glow we all desire!
- We all know the benefits of keeping a box of Baking Soda in the fridge to absorb odors, but did you ever think of placing an open box in other spaces where odors may be a problem, i.e., a small bathroom, closet, mudroom, or maybe the car. It’s an inexpensive way to keep almost every place fresh smelling!