Trying to drop a few pounds? There are a ton of books out there that offer good advice, if you have time to read a book. If not, here are a few tips from weight loss experts to keep top of mind that can make a big difference over time to help you get healthy:
- Don’t eat the kids’ leftovers! These calories add up quickly. You’re better off to throw out their waste, instead of adding to your waist!
- Get an exercise buddy. Studies show people who exercise in teams lose more weight because they are supporting each other, and being supported, too. It’s a win-win situation for everyone, and can make exercising much more fun.
- Buy smaller dinner plates. Eating late in the day can pack on the pounds, but if you serve food on a smaller plate your mind will adjust to your full plate, even if a smaller plate, and you will still feel satiated.
- Eat half a grapefruit or drink a glass of grapefruit juice before your meals. A recent study showed this helped to drop weight, possibly because grapefruit contains a substance called nootkatone, which may increase the activity of your liver, boosting your metabolism.
- Drinking ice cold water or unsweetened ice cold tea during the day will lower your body’s temperature, which will then force your body to burn energy to warm it back up. This can help to increase your resting metabolism and burn more calories.